Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tery's Tweets Part 11

>'Make no small plans'. That's the first rule of the Burnham society. The second is 'don't get eaten'. My focus is mostly on the second.

>My dryad friend got pissed that I said she looked beautiful this time of year. Got a whole lecture on faunal pattern baldness.

>Thank god for Halloween. All the monsters think it's safe to come out.

>I have to learn to breathe again. The eyes it was nothing but eyes. The flare trick didn't work. It had more eyes.

>The term for someone losing their soul, and becoming a fish-beast in the service of an undead department store exec is called 'shedding'.

>Hiding from the storms. The sky is black and in the lightning are the shadows of stampeding horses. I should have taken a sick day.

>This really is my busy season. People think they have a right to be monsters. It's as awkward as being at a minstrel show in Bronzeville.

>The Lord of Summer rides the microbursts. It's his petty way of fucking with the autumn folk.

>I watched as the mausoleum doors were sealed, and only then understood the power of a contract.

>Awwww...the moral anguish of killing your zombie lover. Just remember the last time they reprogrammed your remote and take aim.

>There. My busy season is officially over until Christmas. If you think the season isn't a bitch: suicides, ice and repentant ghosts.

>Can't talk. The echoes are looking for me.

>I'm sure it's mice in her boxspring. But she's now in my bed, and I'm in her apartment with the holy water and the claymore.

>Last night I was unable to tell the difference between an imaginary friend and a ghost. The need, the loneliness, the harm...all the same.

>My shapeshifter friend broke up with me. Apparantly they changed into a form that saw I was a jerk.

>We're not the only society. We represent the worldview of one Architect, and our power stems from that view. The other views are

>Four faerie courts, one for each season. Their power is small, but their beauty is evident. Graceland, the Field, Wrigley, the lagoon.

>There's no such thing as a fire escape. It's always a ‘sticky bastard who pinched the container of my soul’ escape.

>I honestly can't tell anymore. Is the cultist wearing a mask and pirate shirt being ironic or retro? I swear the cobewbs are spray-on.

>The ogres left. They said it was our meddling, but I think it was the tax rate. Good luck, Naperville...

3 comments:

  1. "The ogres left. They said it was our meddling, but I think it was the tax rate. Good luck, Naperville.."

    I thought the ogres were already there, but no, those were just people saying "NOT IN MY BACKYARD" over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ogres in Naperville?

    GM's Area Service Representatives, for all of US and Canada, are all in Naperville.

    It really explains a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god. Free-range nimbys. You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete