Friday, December 31, 2010

Rain

Today's supposed to be a celebration. It's the last of the year, so there's supposed to be sleeping in, drinking, dining, and partying.

At 330, I was up. At 5:30 I was hiking. An hour in, at the furthest point from home, I got caught in a thunderstorm. I'd taken a different path than normal, which broke my rule to always be near the trains. There was only one way to get home through the storm, and it was just to plow through. The rain soaked my jacket, my jeans, and was cold to boot. It just was one of the worst hours of my life. I had absolutely no control of my environment, I did everything I could to keep what I had on me dry, and in the end just had to hope for the best and make it home.

This is the year coming up. There's a lot not under my control. I've got things in motion, but I can't control the outcomes of most of them. Some are in the hands of others, some just rely on the winds. But like today, all I can do is my part. No matter what happens outside, I know what I can do, and as long as I do my best. I'll find my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment